Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1, 2012

It's hard for me to believe that a new year has come. Much changed for me in 2011. I fell completely in love with, was engaged to, and married my soul mate. Armando has become my husband and a father to Miss Savannah Grace. My last name changed, my address changed, my job changed, I became an aunt, I joined a Hispanic family, and I feel like so much about my world has shifted. It seems the theme of last year was change, change and blessings.



I resolve this New Year to keep a log to show all of the things God is working in my heart and life. He has done great things for me in the last year, and I expect no less this year. I want this blog to be a humorous look at newlyweds, motherhood, food, southern hospitality, health, and gratitude.



A little about me:
I am a 27-year-old resident of McKinney, TX, mother to 4-year-old Savannah Grace, wife of a banker, a daughter, sister, aunt, student, teacher, and employee at a fabulous cookware store. Life gets busy with going back to school, spending time investing in my daughter's education, supporting my husband in his endeavors, cooking and keeping house, working a part-time job, and keeping up with both of our families. We feel very blessed though, by the love story God has written for us, and we plan to thoroughly enjoy this crazy phase of life! Happy New Year!


This is a picture of Armando, Savannah Grace, and me (and Santa, of course) at a local charity function.  He was a wonderful Santa and it was so fun to spend a morning celebrating Christmas and children!


Armando and I went with friends to YO Ranch Steakhouse in Downtown Dallas for New Years Eve.  We love to share a great steak in good company!  We spent the morning at Bill Smith's in McKinney.  This place is a local legend and the best breakfast cafe around.  You can find anything from a great omelet to biscuits and gravy to breakfast quesadillas that will knock your socks off.  This place is definitely affordable and you will have hot, good coffee the entire time you are there!

We dropped by Mom and Dad's to pick up Savannah and chatted about ideas for remodeling parts of our house.  My mom is a very resourceful lady and a talented decorator.  She has some fantastic ideas, not just about design but about saving money and using what we have.  Armando and I graduated from Financial Peace University before Christmas and are working on planning for our financial future.  It would be very easy to get off track while remodeling . . .

This afternoon, we celebrated the 3rd birthday of the precious daughter of a friend of ours.  I will add a picture of Armando and Savannah battling on guitar hero when I get a chance.  

Armando and I came home and were hunting for ideas for buffets on Pinterest.  Have you tried that site?  AMAZING!  We just finished painting the master bedroom and bathroom.  I will keep you updated on our progress!



No comments:

Post a Comment